Friday, April 24, 2015

What Makes Me Happy {Sweet Potato Sundae Recipe}

TGIF! Recently, I was tagged on Instagram to list ten things that made me happy. For some reason, I forgot Fridays. So much makes me happy. I just rambled on about the first ten things that came to mind.
But #2 was food. And #1 was veganism. And this sweet potato sundae meets both criteria in the most fabulous of ways. Let's talk about the recipe.



To be honest, today doesn't quite feel exactly like a Friday. Today, we only had a half day of classes, and then freshmen class had to help run Brookstone's annual Country Fair. I painted faces, which was a bit of a hilarious issue. I'm artistic, but in the sense of photography, food, and words. Drawing cats on faces was a borderline fail. But fun enough to see the little kids' innocent "I love it!"s. (:


1. Veganism πŸŒ±πŸŒπŸ’š

If you haven't figured out by now, I'm pretty passionate about being vegan. I kind of have this food blog where everything is vegan. I kind of love making food vegan. I'm kind of too obsessed with being vegan. #veganproblems

2. Food (🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌)

Food is fuel. Food does a body good. I also blog about food, and live/breathe/think about food. I'm a foodie. <3

3. Bible Study with @apchapman16 πŸ™Œ

I absolutely love fellowship with other girls about just how freaking rad Jesus is.  It's worth an hour less of sleep every Thursday. A few freshman girls get together with one of our younger teachers, and every week we reaffirm just how unconditionally loved we are. Get with the vibeee.



4. Feminist Guys πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Equality is not just a trend. And guys that totally understand the girl passion for equality make my heart uplifted. Any day, everyday.
5. When people tell me that my words and recipes have an appreciable impact. (Psttt @nrethomas68) ❤️😘

You guys don't understand the encouragement I get when I receive positive feedback, anecdotes that my words have made a difference, or shares of recreations of my recipes. You guys let me know that I'm doing all this for someone, and I love that someone, every one of you.
6. Reuniting with @hccmsdramaclub and @hchstheatre (Cheyne Trained for LIFE) πŸŽ­πŸ’•

My middle school years were dominated by an amazing experience of theatre. I had a director that taught me just how legit Broadway in teenage form could be, and I'm forever in love with performance. I just love going back to Harris County and seeing my old theatre family and watching their shows.



7. Sports Bras πŸ‘…πŸ˜‚πŸ‘…

I actually quite adore running. And outdoor workouts. But besides activewear, sports bras are life. They combine comfort with working out with feeling good about yourself. Yas.
8. Sun ☺️☀️☀️

I'm a beach bum. Pardon the fact that I live 6 hours away from the nearest beach, I'm a beach bum. I'm also an Eskimo that will wear sweaters when it's 78ΒΊ outside, so radiating heat is my kind of weather.
9. Frannndds 🐾🐾

People that don't judge you and that you can be yourself with are the people worth hanging onto. Remember that.



10. People. Everyone. I love you all, Jesus loves ya more. Remember to be #FruitifulYou πŸŒŸ

I'm an extrovert by nature, just not a really proactive one. I feel most at ease surrounded by people, rather than alone, I'm just too lazy to actively seek out new friends, and tend to rather have others find me. But I love people, to the extent where I feel really disconnected sometimes during school breaks, when I am on islands of isolation. And my passion is to let people know that they are loved. Even more by Jesus Christ.


So, sweet potato sundaes? Think ice cream sundaes. Think root tuber version. Think rich, decadent, delicious, and melt-in-your-mouth drool worthy. It may be a tad bit bad food combining, but hey, rules are meant to be broken once in while. And this is the absolute, most perfect illegal dessert.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...