Thursday, November 13, 2014

{Pilot} VegsGoDevo : Seventy Times Seven

{Inspiration for this particular devotion. <3}
Inspired: Today was started with a freshmen girls' Bible study, and we talked about how God sees all our imperfections, doesn't try to mask them, yet loves us anyway. Emphasizing on this kind of unconditional love, I was thinking about how hard it can be to love other people with God's love. And that means forgiveness.



{If there's a song that I like that really sets the mood for this devotional, it'll show here.}
Song:
"7 x 70" by Chris August. Love hearing this whenever it comes on the Christian radio!


{There will be pictured below the verse in clearer definition.}
Passage:
Matthew 18:21-35


Read it fully here.

{How do I relate this to life?}
Words:
We go through life imperfect, and every person has many flaws. We make many mistakes, and we owe many people apologies, favors, and debts. Sometimes it is easy to be extremely oblivious to how accepting God is of us despite our faults, while being way too sensitive to the ways of others. It's important that we remember how much we are forgiven by our Savior, and to forgive the people we encounter everyday readily. And as this passage points out, we should have unending grace ready to give to anyone who crosses any line. Sometimes you may come across people who are extremely hard to love. Just remember that God loves them as much as He loves you, and that is indefinitely.


{No devotional is complete without a little whisper to God!}
Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Please help me to understand Your overflowing love for me, that You love me, knowing me so completely inside and out. Let me be so touched by that mercy that I am inspired to love and forgive others with Your heart. Thank You for your ready forgiveness whenever I fall, and I pray that I am able to reflect that of You.
Amen


{What is this delicious food?}
Recipe:
Pineapple Banana Smoothie

  • Use 2 frozen bananas and 1 core pineapple.
  • Blend it up.
  • Top with desiccated coconut and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...