Sunday, November 30, 2014

{Pilot} AdviceWithASide : Overload

Ambition is a necessary drive, and be grateful you have it. But sometimes, it can be just as harmful an obstacle.


I came into high school and was so overjoyed at all the opportunities that I decided to take on all I could. I thought I could handle it. And in a way, I am. But I can tell how exhausting the entire ordeal is for my body.
Listen to your body, that's something you'll hear us health-conscious foodies say a lot. (;


But now I see that there are many older and wiser than me telling me to slow down, take it easy, and relax. And I understand exactly where they are coming from. It's advice that I definitely find necessary the next go around.
Don't think you can do it all. I make that mistake too much. There are so many things that I love to do. But like all loves and hobbies, they take time and commitment.  If you tire yourself out with everything you love, you'll lose your enjoyment eventually. Safeguard your body and your health, and just remember to take it easy.
Enjoy the ride, even the flat parts. Revel in the boringness occasionally, and be able to relax.

Recently, I've been stalking some of the other girls at my school who run blogs, and my LinkCrew leader, Rachel, couldn't have said it better in her blog post "This I Believe."

"So, if you find yourself at the end of a long day worn out, sad, and dreading the next, here is my advice to you. Figure out who you are. Figure out what makes you happy. Figure out what makes you unhappy. Then, make a change. Your happiness is in your own control. "


If you're like me, ambitious, I want to give you a loving reminder that it's okay. I have to tell myself this sometimes, too. It is okay to not be able to be on top, to be the best at all you do. It's okay to let one tiny detail slide sometimes. It's okay not to be the one controlling every little aspect of life, because sometimes things will work out even when it's not in your hands. ^.^

***


If you look at this delicious papaya boat of delectable nicecream, you'll see that there's a little too much of that freezing, delicious goodness, and it's running over the sides a bit. Just like with everything you do. Everything you dedicate yourself to you may love, and it may seem like so much good that it could never be too much, but sometimes you can pile on too much. Things may start to spill over, and you have to remind yourself to think of the innate things that will always matter.. Friends, family, future. Some things you just have to let go of, but let me tell you, you'll be so much happier standing back from a distance and gazing at some things.


Mixed Berry Nicecream in a Papaya Bowl

  1. Cut a papaya in half and scoop out the seeds.
  2. In a blender, process two cups of frozen mixed berries (pictured here, I used frozen raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries) and one ripe banana until a vortex is created.
  3. Spoon into papaya boat. Yum!
  4. Side with a vine of grapes. :P
  5. Slice up another banana and garnish that on your nice cream bowl and with your grapes.
  6. Finish with some lusciously plump blackberries on top!


"For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose." Philippians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...